Scheduling Shared Family Parameters Through a Link in Revit
July 26, 2017 •
This screencast outlines the procedure necessary to schedule a shared parameter through a link using Revit.
- Note a family in the linked project that has the shared parameter you are hoping to schedule.
- Close the linked file.
- Open the host project and link file.
- Find a view, press Tab as you hover over one of the families containing the shared parameter you wish to schedule, and click to select it.
- Choose Copy to Clipboard and then choose Paste > Aligned to Same Place.
- Delete the pasted family.
- Go to your schedule and be sure to check the box for “Include Elements in Links.”
- Select parameters needed, including the shared parameter which is now available to select.
CanBIM awards will recognize innovation in project delivery and asset management
Summit BIM has been nominated by CanBIM for a 2021 Innovation Spotlight Award in the project delivery, asset management &...
6 FMO data collection problems solved by BIMFMi in 2021
BIMFMi ® is more than an asset database. We focus on solving asset data problems for Facilities Maintenance & Operations...
[Infographic] Drawings vs. Data: What is the output of your BIM process?
In the past, information about a building plan was shown through blueprints and drawings. This evolved into CAD – which...
Dalhousie University selects Summit BIM to develop BIM Requirements Specifications
Dalhousie University has selected Summit BIM to design a set of BIM Requirements Specifications to support the University’s BIM goals...
BIM for Owners: Mattamy Homes Leaps into Lifecycle BIM
Breaking through inertia with a chunked BIM adoption strategy Derek Cheung is the Manager, BIM & Strategic Sourcing at Mattamy...
Summit BIM begins work with BC Housing
The Vienna Housing project embraces a digital project delivery process According to the Lean Construction Institute, over 50% of a...
Building Useful Asset Information: Practical Thoughts on Getting Started with Lifecycle BIM
We’re just starting to see the adoption of a BIM process where the data generated in design, is added to...
Century Group continues to work with Summit BIM for BIM Standards Compliance
Summit BIM is thrilled to continue working with Century Group in the later stages of design and construction phase of...
Leading the BIM Way: Creating Precise Contract Requirements
Geraldine Rayner, Managing Principal, Summit BIM and Scott Chatterton, BIM Technical Director at Virtual Construction and Technology BIM One Inc...