Team Member Bio
Edwin’s extensive knowledge of Revit Structure, Dynamo, Navisworks, Bluebeam, Ecotect, Green Building Studio and Autodesk Vasari, is complemented by a passion for Green Building Design. Edwin brings to his projects advanced skills in data visualization, workflow development, workflow implementation, research, project management and communication.
He believes that there is great opportunity within the AECO industry to streamline processes and workflows to deliver high performance buildings.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
- M.A.Sc. Civil Engineering, UBC
- B.S. Civil Engineering, Idaho State University
- LEED AP Building Design and Construction (10198499-AP-BD+C)
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Former board member of Projects in Place Society, a nonprofit bringing neighborhoods together by helping people design and implement projects that demonstrate environmental stewardship.
- Active member of the organizing team of the Metro Vancouver Emerging Green Builders.
- Led BIMbc – Vancouver, a local BIM user group.
RECENT PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
March 2015: “BIM for Owners”, co-presenter CIVL 426 Virtual Design and Construction, University of British Columbia
November 2014: “BIM for Design, Construction and Building Operations”, International Construction Management Program British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT)
February, 2014: “Project Management in a Digital Age”, co-presenter at BUILDEX, Vancouver;