Team Member Bio
Edwin’s extensive knowledge of Revit, Dynamo, Navisworks, Bluebeam, Tableau, is complemented by a passion for Green Building Design. Edwin brings to his projects advanced skills in data visualization, workflow development, workflow implementation, research, project management and communication.
He believes that there is great opportunity within the AECO industry to streamline processes and workflows to deliver high performance buildings.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
- M.A.Sc. Civil Engineering, UBC
- B.S. Civil Engineering, Idaho State University
- LEED AP Building Design and Construction (10198499-AP-BD+C)
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Former board member of Projects in Place Society, a nonprofit bringing neighborhoods together by helping people design and implement projects that demonstrate environmental stewardship.
- Active member of the organizing team of the Metro Vancouver Emerging Green Builders.
- Led BIMbc – Vancouver, a local BIM user group, 2010-2019
RECENT PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
February 2019: BIM Consulting: Lessons Learned for Owners, CanBIM Vancouver CanBIM YouTube video
February 2019: Ready-Set-Deliver: Addressing Owner's Growing Expectations for Digital Project Delivery, co-presenter at BUILDEX Vancouver
October 2018: BIM Consulting Lessons from a Power Plant Project, CanBIM Saskatchewan CanBIM YouTube video
October 2018: BIM for Owners: Expectations, Challenges and Rewards, CanBIM Saskatchewan
March 2016: Dynamo: A BIM Consultant's Perspective, San Francisco Dynamo User Group SFDUG YouTube video
March 2015: “BIM for Owners”, co-presenter CIVL 426 Virtual Design and Construction, University of British Columbia
November 2014: “BIM for Design, Construction and Building Operations”, International Construction Management Program British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT)
February, 2014: “Project Management in a Digital Age”, co-presenter at BUILDEX, Vancouver;